Sunday, May 11, 2008

GPS Navigator

My first thoughts were, Global, Satellites, Technology. The concept was to use a futuristic approach. I was aiming to do this by using a night like theme or a feeling of out of this world or "In space". This is also how I come up with the name Saturn. I find it a beautiful planet, and it glows with many colours. I could use this, as I wanted a picture of the planet on the box just to make it stand out. I wanted to incorporate this into my design. This worked well with the ideas of using black and burnt orange. I wanted my packaging to stand out from the rest on the shelf.

I also wanted my product easily identified no matter which way the box is facing. I wanted to to use the silver and grey, this is the products actual colours. I thought the faces on the box would show the different screens that the GPS has. I kept all of the legal information located on the base of the box to keep the box neat. I didn't want to clutter the packaging

Regarding the logo, I was thinking of trying to incorporate the three rings that Saturn has, and the round shape of the planet, I come up with a logo that looks like Dr Who,s tarden machine.
I don't mind it ,goes the space like theme.

My advertisement was to be kept simple, I wanted people to easily recognise the advert to the product. I also wanted to make look the advert look visually impressive rather than informative. I had a thought of putting some informative info about the planet in a series of advertisements, for example:
"Did you know- one of Saturn,s rings does housecleaning, soaking up materiel gushing from the fountains on Saturn's tiny ice moon Enceladus.

I thought this may get people to pause and read for moment, taking more notice of our advertisement.

No comments: